What is a spiritual practitioner? A spiritual practitioner is a spiritual counsellor. The role of a spiritual practitioner is not to give advice but rather to know the truth for people. You will be assisting Dr. Laurie and you are the foundation for the Positive Living Spiritual Centre. Your duties will include: holding all services in prayer, helping with meditations, running workshops, doing spiritual mind treatment or affirmative prayer as well as spiritual counselling with people on the phone and in person, helping with admin, leading specific ministries you might be interested in such as pastoral care, music ministry, children’s ministry, gay and lesbian ministry, prayer ministry, activity ministry etc.
By the end of the training you will know what areas you are most drawn to and how you can make the greatest difference and the best way for you to be of service to Laurie, our spiritual centre and the community.
Whatever you decide to do after the training, it is an amazing opportunity to uplift your consciousness and your connection to God/Spirit.
What the training involves
There are 4 parts to this Training. The first 3 parts have 6 semester units. The last part of the training is an internship. This training is done through Emerson Institute in the US and Laurie is your teacher and mentor.
#1 – 100 series – Practical Spirituality
This is the fundamental principles of SOM, the teachings of Ernest Holmes and other Spiritual Teachers.
The fundamental principles you will learn in the 100 series includes:
- The Nature of God and the Spiritual Universe
- The threefold nature of God and Humankind
- Spirit and the Causative Power of the Universe
- Love shows the Way and Law makes it possible
- The Universe of infinite abundance
- The subconscious mind and its responsiveness to Man
- Cause and Effect
- The spiritual universe and our relationship to it
- Spiritual Mind Healing
- The power of the one mind
- The nature of prayer
- The power of faith
- Practitioner tools
- States of consciousness
- The Power of Forgiveness
- The Christ Consciousness
- The Law of Attraction
#2 – 200 series – The fundamental principles you will learn include:
- The Creative Process
- The Creative Mind
- The Power of Decision
- The perfect power within
- Teachers of New Thought
- Troward’s great influence on New Thought
- Troward’s eight general principles
- The Edinburgh lectures on mental science
- The significance of the bible – dev. and origin – from a metaphysical point of view
- The two aspects of man
- Spiritual centered consciousness
- Ideas and concepts of the early philosophers
- The power of silence
- The life principle The Divine Idea
- Emerson’s Essays
#3 – 300 series – Developing a healing consciousness.
The mystics tell us that there is really nothing to heal only something to reveal. This course of study teaches a method of revealing the truth of our being, that we are an activity and life form of Source (God) and that our nature and Source nature are the same; that we are whole, complete and abundant regardless of outer perceptions to the contrary.
Students will learn the tool of revealing which we refer to as Spiritual Mind Treatment which will prepare them to become professional practitioners.
Practical Spirituality 300 goals include:
- To expand awareness that we are eternal spiritual beings with awesome powers of creativity.
- To understand and embrace the concept that consciousness is the only authority.
- To consciously use Spiritual Mind Treatment.